воскресенье, 11 марта 2012 г.

The Security Guard's Idea!

Ten years ago, I was dissatisfied with my job working as a Vice President at a bank. Often, due to my standing as Vice President, I'd watch someone greet me respectfully but then turn around and respond dismissively to a fellow employee. In reaction to this obvious inequity, I made it a point to be even more respectful of individuals who were below me on the corporate ladder.

One of these individuals was a security guard who oversaw the parking lot of the building where my office was located. This man was consistently gracious to everyone and it was easy to think of him as a friend.

During this time, I had 2 dogs, one of which was very old, blind, deaf, and had a bad heart. I couldn't leave him at home alone so I began sneaking him and my other dog into my office every day. The security guard, my "partner in crime", helped me by being on the lookout as I carried one dog and led the other quickly inside the office building.

One day, the guard popped his head in my office and tossed a newspaper on my desk. "You should do this", he called over his shoulder, heading out and closing the door behind him. On the front page was an article about doggy day care, and describing how the concept was spreading across the country.

Having always expressed a deep love for animals, I took his suggestion to heart and immediately began researching the idea. Soon, information, opportunities and assistance began coming my way from every direction. Six months later, I left my deadening corporate job and opened the first doggy day care in my city! A decade later, I'm still running this business and doing what I love to do!

I've lost touch with the man who started me on this path, but there's not a day that goes by that I don't thank him in my heart. We never know who will be our angels!

http://www.helpothers.org

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий