воскресенье, 11 марта 2012 г.

Flowers For A Stranger

Today I went to the hospital to visit a friend in the Intensive Care Unit. I stopped by the gift shop and got a small flower arrangement to take to him.
The nurse told me I couldn't bring flowers into the ICU so I left them on the counter feeling really disappointed.

After my visit I retrieved the bouquet and headed for the elevator. I saw a woman leaning up against the wall looking tired and stressed and as though she'd been crying. I asked if she was okay. She sighed, and said, "The people around here sure don't give you any emotional support. They tell you they're too busy saving lives to do that."

We chatted for a minute and I kept wondering why the elevator was taking so long. Then I realized, I was meant to be there with her at that moment.

I handed the flowers to her and said, "I think you might need these more than I do right now." I patted her shoulder and told her to take care of herself. Her face positively lit up and tears came to her eyes as she thanked me.

As I left the parking garage I handed the attendant my ticket. Instead of charging m
e $4 she accidentally charged me 40 cents and just waved me on my way, saying don't worry about it!

http://www.helpothers.org

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий