воскресенье, 13 апреля 2014 г.

The Saturday Morning Miracle

By Cynthia J. Freels
“Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life,
what you will eat or drink...
Look at the birds of the air;
they do not sow or reap or store away in barns,
and yet your heavenly Father feeds them.
Are you not much more valuable than they?
Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?”

~Matthew 6:25-27
My husband was the director and I was the volunteer coordinator for a homeless shelter in South Florida. There were eleven small apartment units, and one adult member of each family could shop for free on Saturday mornings from a small pantry on the property. The food was collected from churches, schools and other organizations throughout our community.
A couple of weeks before Palm Sunday, it was brought to our attention that we were running out of food and would need to have a food drive. Well, it takes a couple of weeks to organize a drive, so alternative plans had to be made.
The first week during the shortage, we went to the local food bank and were able to get enough for that weekend. But the second week was a different story. I had been praying all week, and I awoke on Saturday morning, worrying.
“Dear God, what are we going to do today? There is no food for our families.”
When I arrived at the property that morning, I sat in the car for a minute and sent up one more prayer to Our Heavenly Father. Then I got out of the car and began to walk in. With a sigh, I put my key in the lock, unlocked the door and looked inside. I couldn’t believe the sight that met my eyes. Bags and boxes of food were all over the floor.
I started to laugh and giggle, praising God and thanking Him for all his gifts. Why had I worried so much? I learned later that a Christian school had delivered on Friday all these bags and boxes of food that the schoolchildren had been collecting. What a wonderful gift for our homeless families!
My husband and I have since retired, but the homeless shelter remains active. God continues to call my husband and me in many ways, and we continue to hear and obey. The jobs are not as big, but they are just as important. And, best of all, I do not worry as much!
http://www.chickensoup.com/

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий