суббота, 4 мая 2013 г.

Lipstick and Kisses

By Lisa Kirkpatrick Mueller

Cats are designated friends.
~Norman Corwin

C.C. stood for "Crazy Cat" and I won her friendship by offering her bites of a Krystal Cheeseburger. Little did I know that this cat would become my officemate, my second shadow, and my best friend. C.C. was, however, very particular about her company. Coming from a home where she received little attention, C.C. most certainly preferred to have only one close companion at a time. I happened to be the companion that she chose. If anyone else came near her, C.C. would growl, hiss, and behave like someone had just committed a major crime.
I have never met a cat that liked to have things as neat and orderly as C.C. did. After repeatedly finding permanent markers by my bedroom door for a few days in a row, I finally discovered that this crazy feline was trying to tell me that a box of permanent markers had spilled in my office/spare bedroom. C.C. was trying to clean up the mess one marker at a time!

One morning, I started my day with my usual routine. I got dressed and then headed into the bathroom to put on my make-up. As usual, C.C. was by my side to make sure that I was following all of the regular protocols.

For some reason, though, she disappeared after I got my foundation on and evened out. After putting on my eye shadow and mascara, I started to hear an unusual ruckus coming from my office.

I was in a hurry this particular morning, so I didn't pay much attention to the noises. However, it soon became apparent that C.C. was on a mission. Almost as if she knew that I was nearing the end of my make-up routine, she came strutting down the hallway meowing in the most garbled way that I have ever heard. She sounded like a human trying to talk with their mouth full.

I was alarmed. What if she was choking on something?

C.C. reached the doorway at the exact time I turned around. I looked down at her and said, "C.C., honey, what's wrong?"

What I saw next absolutely amazed me. As if to answer my question, C.C. sat down, spit something gold out of her mouth, and looked up to me as if to say, "See what I did? I'm helping you!"

This Crazy Cat had gone into my office and found a tube of lipstick that I needed to apply next — which I had left on my desk!

Through tears, I thanked this special girly girl. And you better believe that I did wear that shade of lipstick!

C.C. passed away a few years ago, but she did leave me with another memory that I still hold dear to my heart. After many years of lifting up my chin to blow kisses at this crazy girl, in her final year of life on this earth, she did actually pick up on this gesture and started lifting up her own chin as if trying to blow kisses back at me. Was C.C. really crazy or was she an extremely attentive and smart feline? As for me, I vote for the latter, and there is certainly nothing crazy about that!
http://www.chickensoup.com

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий