воскресенье, 25 декабря 2011 г.

Special Delivery

By Lynn McGrath

Do not be like them, for your Father knows what you need before you ask him.
~Matthew 6:8

As the wife of a pastor and the mother of six small children, I understood firsthand that many times money was not always in abundance. We knew that being in the ministry would challenge us to walk by faith and although we didn't always like having our faith put to the test, we loved seeing the hand of God at work.

I needed a pair of sneakers but we did not have the money. I knew from past experience that the Lord could and would supply me with all that I needed. I remember kneeling by the edge of my bed bringing my petition before the very throne of grace! When I had finished praying, I gave it no second thought for I had cast my care on Him and I knew in His timing, He would answer.

Little did I realize how quickly the answer would come and how I would be a witness to God's creativity in providing for my need. It was a beautiful summer day and I went to bask in the sunshine by sitting on my front steps while watching my children play in the yard.

No sooner had I sat down then an unfamiliar dog came into the yard and made his way toward me. Normally I would have been frightened, but for some reason I wasn't. I noticed he was carrying something in his mouth. To my great surprise, it was a sneaker! I thought it very odd but I took the sneaker, which he apparently wanted me to have. I remember thinking, "Too bad there's only one!" It was not only a high quality leather sneaker, but it happened to be my size! Since there was only one, I took it and threw it in the trash.


The next day, again while sitting on my front steps, the mysterious dog came back carrying the other sneaker! I gently took it from its grasp, and ran into the house to rummage through the trash from the day before to rescue its mate. The rescued "mate" needed some TLC. I cleaned it thoroughly and stood there staring at the two sneakers. They were so incredibly nice that I felt compelled to locate their owner so that I could give them back. I went from house to house showing my neighbors the sneakers and asking them if they had lost them. Time and time again, the answer was "no."

I realized then that the sneakers belonged to me... that my heavenly Father had heard my plea and had answered my need by way of a special delivery!
http://www.chickensoup.com

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий