четверг, 29 декабря 2011 г.

One of Those Days

By Dena Dyer

It was one of those days.

I'd been cooped up in the house with two kids, had a work deadline, and could feel a sinus infection coming on.


The day had started pretty well. That morning, I was cuddling in bed with seven-year-old Jordan and two-year-old Jackson. Jordan said, "Jackson is so cute, I could die!"

Contented sigh.

But it was all downhill from there. Later that day, Jordan and Jax were playing with markers. At one point, I noticed that Jordan had scribbled "kick me" on Jax's lower back above his diaper. I had to laugh, but I also had to work at getting the marker off with an unscheduled bath.

As for the newly tattooed toddler, his day was spent screaming at the top of his lungs and taking off his diaper.

By two o'clock, I was ready to run out the door screaming. When the baby's naptime finally came, I tried to work, but then I realized that this was one of those times when I just needed to be still.

And so I was.

Turning off the computer, I poured myself a cup of tea, sat in my favorite chair and opened my journal.

With a smile, I saw that my life hadn't changed much in the past few months. One entry read: "Jordan brought me two dead crickets, a fake fingernail, and (oh, yes!) some crumpled rose petals from the bush in the backyard." As I kept reading about my little boys' antics, I started to chuckle. Hey, I thought, I don't need sitcoms or the funny papers. I have two boys!

Continuing in a quiet -- and slowly improving -- mood, I opened the scriptures.

The book of Isaiah is a particular favorite when I'm feeling insecure, frustrated or unsure. Once again, I was comforted and encouraged by the Word, and by being in God's presence.

I didn't hear any audible voices or bells ringing, but as I told my husband later, "The crazies went away." I was able to regain my equilibrium and realize that it's okay to feel nuts once in a while. God loves me anyway.

Contented sigh.

Those moments of grace in the midst of mommyhood help me remember that each day, with God's strength, I'm doing the best I can in the roles I've been given.

And that's enough.

I need those times with my Maker to remind me that my boys are not burdens -- they are my biggest blessings! In the midst of Crazyville, He helps me keep my perspective -- and a sense of humor.



http://www.chickensoup.com

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий