вторник, 6 мая 2014 г.

Divine Dream

Miracles occur naturally as expressions of love. The real miracle is the love that inspires them. In this sense everything that comes from love is a miracle.
~Marianne Williamson
Mindy was my best friend growing up. When I was six years old, my mother went to the animal shelter to get a hunting companion dog for my brother, Kevin. Lo and behold, she came back with this shaggy black and white mutt! Kevin sputtered, “Mom, what the heck? This dog is clearly not a hunting dog!” Mom replied, “She was the cutest one there and the only one that looked quietly into my eyes and told me to take her home, so I did.” I couldn’t have been more thrilled.
Mindy and I had a connection immediately and I knew we would be great pals forever. She let me dress her up as a baby and take her for walks in the stroller. She became the friend I needed so desperately growing up as an introverted child.
As I grew into an awkward teenager, our bond grew even stronger. Mindy’s coat was gray now instead of black. I knew she was aging, but did not want to admit that to myself.
When I was sixteen, I lost my dearest Aunt Laurel to emphysema. She was an inspiration in my life and treated me like her own child. As long as I had my Aunt Laurel and Mindy, I was happy. Aunt Laurel lived in Missouri but would often drive up to Minnesota for long visits. She took the time to listen and get to know me. She made me feel important and loved in so many ways. I worshipped the ground she walked on and cherished the time we spent together. I was not prepared to lose Aunt Laurel, and Mindy comforted me greatly in the grieving process.
About three months after Aunt Laurel passed away, Mindy developed a large tumor above her right eye. My parents knew they had to try to save her life because I still needed her dearly. The surgery was complicated and expensive, but it bought her a little time. Sadly, about three months later we had to help her to let her go.
Losing both Aunt Laurel and Mindy in the same year devastated me. I cried each night for two weeks and asked God to bring them both back to me to say goodbye. Then one night, I had the most comforting dream. It didn’t feel like a dream at all, but something miraculous and extraordinary. I stood by a beautiful hillside with glorious flowers and tall grass all around me. A gentle breeze swayed at my back and it smelled of fresh cotton. A fast flowing river ran through the hillside, which was covered by lush oak trees. I took it all in before I realized that I was there to see Mindy. Suddenly, panic set in because I could not find her. I called and called for her, yet she was not coming to me.
Then I saw Aunt Laurel walking slowly up the hillside with a drenched Mindy. I knew immediately that Aunt Laurel saved Mindy from the river by pulling her to safety. Now they walked up the hill toward me! Aunt Laurel smiled serenely at me as she guided Mindy over the hillside to a small path that led up to heaven. I could see that Mindy’s tail was wagging joyfully and she was no longer in pain. Aunt Laurel could now breathe easily and no longer need her oxygen tank. I was not allowed to interact with them and they could not stop and greet me. The sky opened up and the light radiated toward them as they walked into heaven and just disappeared. I felt the warmth of the light enter my body, which filled me with peace and love.
I woke up in tears. What I had just witnessed was a true miracle sent to me by God. For the first time since I had lost my two best friends, I was at peace.
The next morning at breakfast, I excitedly explained my dream to my mother. She looked at me in astonishment and said, “I had the very same dream last night.” We both knew we had witnessed something magnificent and life altering, and we were grateful.
~Rita Kaye Vetsch
http://www.chickensoup.com/

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий