четверг, 2 января 2014 г.

Unseen Blessings

By Lois Stone

A mother's arms are more comforting than anyone else's.
~Diana, Princess of Wales
So much of life is spent pursuing life. So much of living is spent in preparation to live. The goal we prepare for is never wholly reached, and time passes, and the someday was yesterday.
As I held my new baby, kissed my other children, and held my husband's hand as he slept on this New Year's Eve, I realized I have mattered. Without me, these three children would not exist; without me, my husband's 1ife would be completely different.
During my daily routine, I may touch or influence someone in a way that might guide or enrich them in some way. I will continue to matter just as my parents mattered to me, for my philosophy, self-expression, and beliefs stem from their roots.
In days to come, my children might enjoy beauty because I directed their eyes, might understand pain because I eased them into the knowledge of it, might love deeply because I gave them mine daily, and complete giving will be all they know.
I don't run from solitary moments or down moods. Bliss is a fleeting moment; life while it is lived, is not. In retrospect, truly living is a moment of many small moments one may never see.
Chicken Soup for the Soul: Stay-at-Home Moms
As this year progresses, I must step back and occasionally observe that I am living now, and I must regard my work with the dignity it deserves. It is true anyone can change a diaper or wipe a runny nose, but the stroke of my hand or the gentleness of my voice someone else cannot give. The complete devotion to my loved ones, and the enjoyment of their pleasures or anguish at their pains, only I can give.
My new year will continue to mean my usefulness; my happy new year must come from within in accepting what I have and cherishing it for its pricelessness. The "Mommy I need you" and "Darling I love you" are not a someday away nor were they searched for.
They exist because I do. How blessed am I.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий