воскресенье, 7 апреля 2013 г.

Today

By Ginger Truitt

A boy is the only thing that God can use to make a man.
~Author Unknown

Some day you will be a grown man with rough skin and whiskers; but for today, I luxuriate in kissing your sweet, smooth cheeks.
Some day you will work hard to make a living and support your family; but for today, I sit on the floor and stack building blocks with you.

Some day you will run up the stairs, two at a time; but for today, I hold your chubby little hand while we navigate the steps together.

Some day you will get up every morning and don a suit and tie for work; but for today, I let you stay in your jammies so we can snuggle until noon.

Some day people will have respect for the authority in your deep, commanding voice; but for today, I savor the sweetness of a tiny boy earnestly calling out, "Mama!"

Some day you will face a world that will treat you unfairly; but for today, my lap is your protection from the world.

Some day you will walk with a determined step and even gait; but for today, I relish the sound of your chunky bare feet pattering across the kitchen tile.

Some day you will have to make decisions that will not be easy; but for today I can guide you and whisper the answers in your ear.

Some day your toys will include cars, sports equipment and electronics; but for today, we play pat-a-cake and read your favorite storybook.

Some day you will dine with business colleagues in fine restaurants; but for today, we sit at the kitchen table and share a peanut butter sandwich with extra jelly.

Some day you will sleep in your very own house far away; but for tonight, I tuck you into your crib and rest my hand upon your head while we pray.

Some day you will help me in and out of the car, and steady my arm; but for today, I lift you high into the air and listen to your squeals of delight.

Some day I will be thrilled to hear you say that you've found "the one;" but for today, I cherish being the most important woman in your life.

Today, I will delight in your snaggle-toothed grin, laugh when you growl at the cat, and kiss your skinned-up knees; for someday, a man will emerge in the place where my precious boy once stood.

http://www.chickensoup.com

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий