четверг, 13 сентября 2012 г.

God Sent Me an Angel

By Gail Frank

He protected us on our entire journey and among all the nations through which we traveled.
Joshua 24:17

I was raising two children by myself. My schedule was challenging as I cared for the children during the day and attended nursing school at night. On the nights I had school, I would take my children over to my mother's house. She would feed them and put them to bed. Around 11:00 P.M., I would arrive at her house and put my sleeping children in the back seat of my car. Although I was often tired and exhausted, I still had to stay awake for the thirty-minute drive back to my house.
One particular night, it was very dark, and the freeway was empty of other cars. The night seemed uneventful until, all of a sudden, I heard a pop and a thud. One of my worst fears had come true: My car tire was flat. I was alone on this stretch of the freeway, and my two sleeping children were in the back seat of the car.

Not knowing what else to do, I immediately started praying to God. "Please, God, help me now. I don't know what to do."

At that moment, a car pulled up behind mine. A young man stepped out of his car and said, "It looks like you could use a hand." Strangely, I had no fear of being in his presence.


He changed my tire rather quickly and put the old tire in my trunk. I offered to pay him, but he waved away the money. I got back into my car feeling so relieved. But when I looked up again, he was gone. There were no headlights, taillights or signs that he had been around. There weren't even any tread marks from his car on the side of the road. It was like he had vanished into thin air!

As I sat in the car saying "Thank you, God" over and over again, I realized that God had sent me an angel. This event took place more than thirty-five years ago, but it is as clear in my mind today as it was on that dark evening. My children and I were divinely protected and watched over that night.
http://www.chickensoup.com

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий