среда, 25 июля 2012 г.

Super Strong Mom

By Brenda Barajas, age 16

Mother love is the fuel that enables a normal human being to do the impossible.
~Marion C. Garretty

My mom is the greatest mom ever! As I grew up, I saw her as my hero for all the things she would do for me. I remember when she would fix my baby dolls or when she helped me color pretty pictures when I started elementary school. I remember in middle school, I would see her do things that fathers were supposed to do, like fix the car without caring how greasy her hands would get. Now that I'm in high school, I see how she is strong but sensitive at the same time. She looks at life with a positive attitude no matter what the situation is.
One day I came home from school and saw papers on the kitchen table and my mom sitting with a worried face looking at my dad. My dad wasn't working at the time because he had broken his arm. I had heard my parents talk about money issues a couple of times before but I never asked about the situation.

"What's going on?" I asked.

"We have to be out of the house in two weeks," my mom said. She had her elbows on the table and one hand over her forehead. Then I realized this was a serious problem. That very day, she made phone calls and started to look for a place to rent.

We had no money and no idea what we were going to do. I read the papers on the table; it said we had lost the house because we hadn't been paying rent. I was surprised that all this was going on and my dad seemed to be doing nothing about it and my mom never said anything about it. It seemed like everything was falling apart, but my mom seemed as if this was making her stronger.

That whole week she tried her best to find a place for rent. Besides the fact that we had no place to move to, we also had nothing to eat since the food my dad had bought the month before had run out. Even though she didn't show it, I felt my mom's pain and how much it hurt her to not be able to provide a good shelter and food for us.


After that whole week of seeing her struggle, I came home and she had a smile on her face and was cooking, which was really weird because she doesn't like to cook. I assumed there was good news and asked her, "So what's new?"

"We are starting to move today," she said with a smile on her face. "There's a place near your school and thank God they allowed all of us even though the place is pretty small." I could tell she was relieved and happy. At that moment, I admired her so much.

My mom is the greatest mom ever. I would not know what to do without her. Times like these are moments that make me admire my mom's strength. Some people might give up in bad situations. My mom looks at bad moments in life as a test, or a chance to make her stronger. When things seem to be the worst, she makes everything seem so easy to fix. I want to be like my mom when I have children of my own. I thank God for giving me such a wonderful mother like her.
http://www.chickensoup.com

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий