воскресенье, 26 сентября 2010 г.

Chicken Soup for the Soul: Roses for Wendy

Chicken Soup for the Soul: A Book of Miracles

BY: Wendy Delaney

So they asked him, "What miraculous sign then will you give that we may see it and believe you? What will you do?"
~John 6:30


I lost both of my parents in a tragic car accident when I was five. Fortunately, at that age a child doesn't comprehend the finality of such an event.

Many years later, at age twenty-three, I was planning my wedding to Shelly (actually Sheldon), a wonderful twenty-eight-year-old who came from a complete loving family, the type I envied. Shelly and I had already purchased our first home with a spacious, beautifully landscaped yard and patio, perfect for an outdoor celebration. As the date grew closer and we took ownership of the home, we began to clean, arrange, trim, and discard inside and out. However, neither of us had any expertise in landscaping. We only knew how to cut grass, so we learned pruning, trimming, and plant care.

The day before our wedding we were putting the final touches on the yard. Flowers had been planted, the grass cut, and the hedges trimmed. We were so pleased with the neatness of it all. But one plant perplexed us. A rosebush located just outside our front door, obviously carefully chosen for such a place of prominence, was completely barren of leaves or buds. It looked like it might be dead, but since neither of us could be sure, we reluctantly decided to keep it for the time being.

That same evening, after the traditional rehearsal and subsequent dinner, I was too excited to sleep. Instead I decided I needed some quiet time to reflect on the next day. I got up and retreated to the backyard and sat in the warm, clear, star-filled night. It was there I realized the only thing missing from my wedding day would be my parents. There had been no time to think of this up until now and the thought filled me with sadness. After all, every girl dreams of having her father walk her down the aisle and her mother there to comfort her nerves. Overcome with emotion and alone in the yard, I began speaking to my mom and dad, just as if I knew they were listening. I asked them for a sign, something I had never asked from them before, but now felt compelled to do.

"Give me a sign on my wedding day to let me know you're with me."

The next day Shelly's excited voice repeatedly called my name. I rushed to join him at the front door.

"I can't believe what I'm about to show you!"

He stood aside. The barren rosebush had two huge roses in full bloom.

There was no doubt in my mind we were witnessing a miracle... a miracle of love.

http://www.beliefnet.com/Inspiration/Chicken-Soup-For-The-Soul/2010/09/Roses-for-Wendy.aspx?source=NEWSLETTER&nlsource=49&ppc=&utm_campaign=DIBSoup&utm_source=NL&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_term=mail.ru



Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий