понедельник, 19 июля 2010 г.

Baby's Breath

The LORD God formed the man from the dust of the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living being.
Genesis 2:7

Nineteen years ago, I was a new mother. I'd always wanted to have a child, but, like most new parents, I was somewhat surprised at how overwhelming it was to keep my baby happy twenty-four hours a day.

One particular evening, my little son had been overly fussy, and both of us were worn out from his crying. Finally, exhausted, I lay down on the couch with the baby stretched across my chest. Both baby and I fell fast asleep.

A while later, I awoke to the bright glow of the moon shining through the window. I opened my eyes to find this tiny body still sprawled across me, his little hands tightly clenching the sides of my shirt. His bow-shaped mouth was slightly open, and his sweet baby breath caressed my face with each rise and fall of his chest. His skin was translucent, and his dear face was the picture of innocence bathed in the moonlight.

Tears came to my eyes as I realized that this delicate child, nestled close, had truly stolen my heart. I felt wondrously blessed to have this precious son.

From that moment on, whenever I grew frustrated with my attempts to keep my child satisfied -- and, believe me, over the next nineteen years, there were many of those times -- I'd transport myself back to that perfect night, to feel again the soft weight of his warm body on mine and his light breath blowing across my face.

PRAYER: Dear Lord, thank you for those moments in our lives that we can cherish forever when our spirits are low. When you breathed the power of the Holy Spirit upon us, you enabled us to see things through your wondrous eyes. May we always remember to cherish those moments that take our breath away and restore our souls. Amen.

http://www.beliefnet.com/Inspiration/Chicken-Soup-For-The-Soul/2010/07/Babys-Breath.aspx?source=NEWSLETTER&nlsource=49&ppc=&utm_campaign=DIBSoup&utm_source=NL&utm_medium=newsletter

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий