понедельник, 28 июня 2010 г.

The Rhythm of Summer

Chicken Soup for the Soul: Devotional Stories for Women

BY: Karen Talcott

This is the day the Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it.
Psalm 118:24


We had been counting down the days to summer vacation, and it had finally arrived. No more cold lunches to pack, no more nights spent checking homework, and no more early morning alarms. Life was about to get a whole lot sweeter.


But, of course, if I have one plan in mind, the opposite is almost always certain to occur. The kids all roused from their beds at 7:00 A.M., hungry and wanting breakfast. By 9:00, they were already bored and looking for me to start "Mommy Camp." Wasn't summer about sipping ice-cold lemonade in a hammock under the shade of a lovely oak tree? I guess not when you are the mother of three.


But after a few days, we began to discover our summer vacation rhythm. The kids started to find things to amuse themselves. Climbing a tree and swinging down from a rope was absolutely thrilling for my five-year-old son. My daughter loved having a pretend tea party for her stuffed animals, serving them soggy crackers and water from her tea set. We didn't need to fill our time with busy theme parks and expensive attractions. Fun could be found in our own backyard or nearby park.


In my life as a mother, wife, and woman, it is so easy to get caught up in the drama of life. I micro-manage my life and fill every waking hour with things to do. What if I spent a day or two and started to notice the little things going on around me that could bring me joy?


Challenge yourself today to become more childlike. Look at this magnificent world that God created and find the wonderment in it. Laugh often, smile more, and appreciate all the beauty
that exists around you. This is the day the Lord has made. Let us rejoice and be glad in it!

http://www.beliefnet.com/Inspiration/Chicken-Soup-For-The-Soul/2010/06/The-Rhythm-of-Summer.aspx?source=NEWSLETTER&nlsource=49&ppc=&utm_campaign=DIBSoup&utm_source=NL&utm_medium=newsletter

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий